There is a 24/7 vigil in Washington, D.C. to put around the clock pressure on President Obama to #FreeLeonardPeltier. It is across the street from the White House at the Andrew Jackson statue.
Peltier has before Jan 21 2017 to leave prison or he will die there. He is in poor health due to the gross lack of medical care in the federal prison system. He will most likely die in less than a year if not released from prison.
Anyone who supports Leonard is welcome to join the encampment for as many hours or days as you can spare. All help is needed. It is getting COLD in DC. This is all for Leonard but we need as much help as can be provided. We will also be in solidarity with Standing Rock. Any donations or supplies (heaters, generators, blankets, phone chargers, posters, tooth brushes, candles, candleholder, sage, poster boards, markers, food deliveries etc.) you can provide, please do. President Obama leaves office on January 21, 2017. Once he leaves, the opportunity is gone forever and Leonard will forever be confined to a prison cell. This is all being done under the group Together We Stand and we are partnered with the International Leonard Peltier Defense Committee.
If you’d like to lend your support, please contact me directly:
- call or text me at 310-872-4435.
- You can also email me at Twstherevolution@yahoo.com
- or at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on Leonard and our cause go to whoisleonardpeltier.info and here are some movies to watch for more on Peltier and his illegal incarceration:
- “Warrior”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsYAYf_2WQU
- “Incident at Oglala”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpnfFe4wLa8
- Former Prison Guard Speaks: Leonard Peltier Must Be Free: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rd74O_-nlc
- Leonard Peltier Speaks From Prison on Denial of Medical Care and Bid for Clemency: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAk6t6SiYEQ